Multi-Prong Digital Marketing Strategies for B2B that Leverage Social Media
92 West can help you build effective campaigns that not only lead to client engagement, but lasting client relationships. Social media is a low cost alternative to traditional campaigns such as TV and Radio. Both use frequency and reach, but social media can be directly measured.
Before we go on I want to make it perfectly clear that statistically, for B2B, the leads that are generated are predominately soft leads (the tire kickers). It doesn’t mean that the business won’t come, but consistently producing interesting and valuable content while honing your call to action and tracking does generate revenue. The approach and use of social media for each industry is a different. If you sell wholesale coffee then the approach you take is quite different from that of an ad agency, engineering firm or bulk crafts. The key is testing, changing the message and consistency with tracking and drip campaigns set-up to do the leg work.
We’re a believer (and trust me we weren’t until about three years ago) and continue to marketing knowing that for every $1.00 we’ll receive $1.20 – $1.30 in the long run. So… off of the pedestal and onto the advice.
For most companies that are B2B, we recommend implementing campaigns primarily on three social media platforms:
Facts: LinkedIn is an ideal platform to increase your online presence. With more than two professionals signing up on LinkedIn every second, businesses have the opportunity to network with an increasing number of interesting contacts. Using the different personal and group features in LinkedIn, companies and the people representing them can all improve their visibility and credibility, both as individuals and (thus) as a brand.
- Turn your company page into a lead generation page:
– First, use an image that gets attention or creates interest.
– Second, update your businesses’ pitch to be a clear CTA in the company description.
– Third, make your Recent Updates section clickable and conversion-focused.
- Create a showcase page.
- Publish Content Regularly: When you publish your keeping your services and company in front of
Facts: Everyday there are over 1.5 billion searches, over 3 billion videos watched and over 7 billion likes on separate Facebook pages. The statistics don’t lie and your customers are there.
With a dedicated Facebook representative, 92 West we has daily access to help resolve campaign strategy questions, stay current with changes, get help with reporting for improvement.
- Create a Facebook “likes” campaign to get more followers who are truly interested in your products and services. This should be an ongoing effort.
- Create a monthly posting strategy to engage followers and convert business. Posting Timeline Strategy (Sell – 20%, Educate on products and services – 40%, Fun/Industry Related – 40%)
- Create a Lookalike Audience for targeting to attract new followers for less dollars.
- Create a Lead Ads campaign to generate leads you can ad to your email campaigns.
Facts: With over 540 million active users, Google+ is larger than LinkedIn and Twitter. And while it cannot currently match the networking strengths of LinkedIn, from a search engine ranking standpoint, you really can’t afford not to have a Google+ presence.
It’s sometimes easier to think of Google+ not as a social network, but as a social layer. Google loves it and gives you credit when you use it. Enough said.
If you want help in crafting your own campaign, or even would like an experts opinion on what platforms you should pursue, give us a call at 402.620.2633 or fill out our contact form and we’ll set-up a time to meet in person.
Omaha, Nebraska 68131
branding + design + web + apps + seo
Demo Reel for 2016: